Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still Procastrinating . . .

Ok, I haven't resurfaced yet. I've finished Josh Lanyon's first two 'Adrien English' mysteries on my Kindle, though, as well as another mystery of his called Fair Game. I loved all three, but Fair Game is my favorite so far--maybe because the romance is front and center, and everything gets tied up in one novel.

And the Adrien English series has a weakness: Adrien's not an officer of the law. How many times can he stumble into a murder mystery? Yeah, his romantic interest--the deeply closeted Jake--is an LAPD police detective. But he's not the one who keeps finding bodies.

Ok, ok. I don't mind suspending disbelief for these books. But if I ever attempt a mystery series, I'm going to make sure my viewpoint character has a reason to investigate murders!

No comments:

Post a Comment