Sunday, October 3, 2010

Must . . . Control . . . Jealousy

White Collar
No 'Creative Draw of the Day' today--I'm miserably under the weather.

I've been cheering myself up watching White Collar. But my sheer joy in that show is tainted by the fact that someone wrote a piece of fan-fiction for it that is superb.

Normally, that wouldn't be a problem for me. I'd be overjoyed. I love good fan fiction. But the piece was in answer to a prompt I was thinking about answering. Now I know I can't top what this author wrote. I am madly jealous.

On the plus side, jealousy isn't always a bad thing. I gained one of my best writing buddies by being madly envious of her work. I sent her a private message letting her know that I despised her for writing something I wished I had written. She took that as a compliment and before long we were real-life friends. So maybe my current bout of writing-envy will lead to another friendship . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment