Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creative Draw of the Day: The Star

This is a card of hope, optimism and guidance--and, I think, of inspiration. The eight pointed star represents goddesses like Inanna and Venus, but as far as I'm concerned, this card belongs to the muses.

So I think of this woman as a muse. I love how she's pouring fresh water into the pond, as if she's overflowing with ideas and insights.

I've always thought of myself as having plot bunnies rather than a muse. Plot bunnies seem less pretentious and easier going. But my character Zev is being so pushy about his story that I think he's acquiring muse-status for me. I hope he keeps inspiring me in November, when I stop taking notes and officially start Not So Safe. I want to claim a NaNoWriMo victory this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment