Saturday, October 2, 2010

Creative Draw of the Day: The Ten of Swords

All evidence to the contrary, the Ten of Swords does not represent death by murder--or physical death at all, for that matter. The death here is symbolic. Excruciating, perhaps, as someone is forced to let go of something he's not ready to let go of. But still only symbolic.

But I'm using this card for creative inspiration, not for a reading. So I'm going to allow it to stand for a brutal murder after all.

Swords represent the element Air--and Air represents our minds, our intelligence, our curiousity and our capacity to cut through the crap and get to the heart of the matter. But--no surprise--the blades we use are sharp and dangerous.

The victim of the murder, then, would be someone too smart for his own good. Someone who cut straight through to the heart of a matter--but ended up with more information than he bargained for.

I think I know where I want to go with this idea. I'll get started tomorrow, and try to get it out of my system before NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment