Saturday, October 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo is Coming!

NaNoWriMo is coming! It starts November 1st. Fifty thousand words in thirty days.

I've participated every year since 2005, but I've never won. I'd like this to be the year. But if I end up with 20,000 words I can use, I'll be a happy loser.

Here's my idea for a story: Zev Moscowitz has a safe, fun crush on Marc Jaffe, his straight boss. But when he learns that Marc had a secret boyfriend back in high school--a boyfriend who's back in town--suddenly the crush doesn't seem so safe . . .

And that's all I've got so far. But I'm ok with that. I'm going to work on the characters in yWriter, but I'm not going to do much else until November. Too much pre-writing works against me. Back in 2006, I outlined a story for NaNoWriMo in excruciating detail. By the time November rolled around, I was sick to death of it. This year, I'll take my chances writing by the seat of my pants!

Edit: I have a working title for this story: Not So Safe. (Ok, I didn't say it was a great title--but knowing me, it's the one I'll stick with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment