Monday, August 16, 2010

My Character Sheet

I love filling out character sheets. I write them on big index cards that I keep handy and alphabetized, so I can always go back and check a character's eye color or DOB. The sheet I'm using now includes all the stuff I like to keep track of, plus the long-standing Dungeons & Dragons abilities to give me an idea of my characters' strengths and weaknesses:

IDENTITY

Name: [including nicknames]
Actor I would cast in the part: [I love 'casting' my characters.]
Gender:
Enneagram Type:
Sexual Orientation:
Religion:
Race: [this can be broad, as in 'human' or 'orc,' or more narrow, as in 'human: Native American.']
Nationality:
DOB:
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

ABILITIES [Usually range from 1 to 18]

Strength:
Dexterity:     
Constitution: 
Intelligence:  
Wisdom:        
Charisma:    

HISTORY

Family Connections:
Education Level:
Alma Mater:
Profession:
Special Skills:
Languages Spoken:
Secret: See this post.

NOTES

[Anything not covered above]

This character sheet is working for me at the moment--but I'm sure I'll keep adjusting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment