Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pssst! Want to know a secret?

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my friend Alexandra to talk about working together on various writing projects. (I chose that picture of Frances Marion and Mary Pickford to represent our partnership. Not ideal, because only Frances Marion was a writer. But they combined Marion's talent for writing with Pickford's talent for acting, so they still made a great team.)

I'm so excited! I've never been a co-author before, and I'm thrilled to be working with Alex. Our writing styles, I think, are complimentary. Dialogue and world building are strengths for both of us. Alexandra is a master at creating tension and emotional depth; I know how to lighten the mood and find some humor even in really awful situations. Between the two of us, we should strike just the right note!

I'll be posting more soon about the joys and headaches of working with a partner . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment